October 7, 2011

5 at 5

Its 5pm, and it just seems that today is just dragging on.
So while the kids are playing together and peacefully, and dinner is cooking, I thought I'd do 5 items on my mind at 5pm (stole the idea from another mom who did 10 at 10).

#1 We are moving. Shorter notice than we expected, since we were figuring around Jan/Feb, but yes we are moving. The past few weeks have been so stressful, I can't even begin to describe it. Trying to find a house, any house that meets our needs and wants and within our price range just was impossible. VERY stressful.

#2 A friend of mine told us about a rental house that is far cheaper than what we are paying right now. They don't mind pets at all (and don't require a pet deposit).

#3 Since we can't find a house that holds everything we need at the moment, Josh decided that this rental home that my friend told us about will have to do. So we have a place to "winter" as we have termed it until *hopefully* another place becomes available for us.

#4 Today was J.D.'s second day of his "new school" (Friday school). When I woke him up this morning he muttered with his eyes still closed: "I don't want to go to school today. I'm too tired."
Yeah, that right there was the highlight of my day. I got a good laugh out of it. I also told him that its just the first of many, MANY times he will feel that way.

#5 While J.D. is at his Friday school, Lily goes to my parents place. She has maybe been there all by herself-brother-free 2 times....maybe. So she is loving her quality time alone with Papa and Grandma. Infact the other day she woke up crying saying she missed Grandma. That's all she said, over and over and over. "I miss Grandma". It got to the point where I was getting desperate and had Lily call Grandma on the phone just to calm her down somewhat.

So there you have it, my 5 at 5.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When Josh was little he was also interested in outer space, I got him a telescope with a stand when he was about 7 and he would put it on the deck on a clear night to look at the stars,etc.