April 3, 2012

We are having some slight problems trying to get pictures uploaded onto the blog. Sorry about no pics, but we are hoping we can figure it out soon.
Yesterday we got 5 baby chicks. Right now they are in our bathroom and peeping like crazy to be fed and put to bed. J.D. has mentioned how he likes that sound-I think we all do. I know for a fact Josh does. We cover them up at night (like a mother hens wing) for them to go to sleep. Last night a little chick got loose twice and Josh was up to take care of it both times.
So we now have 9 chickens and within the next week or so we will be getting some ducks too. I heard that duck eggs are excellent for baking, not for eating. I will gladly take advice.
Pretty soon we will be planning and planting our garden. I am thrilled because this will be the first true garden I will have since being married. No more planter boxes and tubs.

No comments: