August 29, 2011

Day At the Beach

Yesterday we spent the day at the coast. We decided to go to Long Beach for a couple reasons. Number one, it was Hood to Coast weekend where cyclists bike their way from Mt. Hood to Seaside. I didn't want to deal with the traffic and all the people in the area of Seaside/Cannon Beach. Number two, none of us had been to Long Beach in so long.
Upon arriving we ate a picnic lunch then headed out to explore the shops.














I had to check out my favorite store in Long Beach. Whenever I stayed with a friend who lived in near Long Beach we always went to Stormin' Normans to check out their awesome selection of bumper stickers and key chains. I also always bought a hermit crab or two. I was curious to see if they still sold the crabs, and they did! J.D. saw them and wanted to get one for him and one for Lily. So Josh let him buy some! This was his favorite part of the day for him.

Showing off his new pets


Showing Lily her crab.


Can you guess which hermit crab belongs to who?



After looking at the shops we sent to the beach to play.





It was kind of chilly...












But that didn't stop us from getting wet.






Then dad treated everyone to a race on the go-carts. J.D. and Lily had to go on a separate track, so Josh and I got to race two times. Not to brag or anything, but Lily and I beat J.D. and Josh...we lapped them.



After the go-carts we ate dinner at a local restaurant and then headed home, upon which I ended up getting sick. But all in all it was a fun day with lots of memories made.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss long beach! Thanks for posting all the pictures. Love from the Flach's